Saturday, April 9, 2011

The sad life of a poor college student.


I thought my paint editing was clever, until I uploaded it and realized the picture would be too small to read, so you have to enlarge the picture to enjoy my cleverness.

You see, I am a poor college student, living in a small apartment with 3 other girls, so I don't have much space for hobbies. Life is not that sad, but I like being a little melodramatic. Is that an oxymoron, being a LITTLE melodramatic? I found that those thick Elmers Glue boards - can't think of the word for them right now - are an excellent, portable, easily storeable solution to a lack of craft desk/space. Unfortunately that is not what I was thinking of when I bought the Elmers Glue board. It is actually one of the art projects I'm prepping for my class next week. So though it has served me well, I have to say good bye to it soon, and since I'm such an utterly poor college student, I do not know if I'll be able to afford another one for a couple of weeks. One of the hardest things about living away from home is my complete lack of crafting supplies! I took for granted having paint brushes, stencils, and glitter at my disposal. Now I have to be frugal in my spending, forcing me to be more creative with how I come up with art supplies. Hence the old sponge becoming my paint brush!


It'll make a pretty crafting area for the next few days at least. You can see where I had to experiment a little with the cool texture of the sponge and paint before I started the rainbow. Stay tuned to see what that messy looking rainbow turns into!

2 comments:

  1. very clever with the descriptions on your pic of your crafting area. and good job repurposing your sponge! :) When you come to Kentucky, I have paintbrushes you can use!!! {doesn't that make you even more excited?}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have those white boards right now.

    ReplyDelete