Friday, June 8, 2012

Nature Painting

So I was going through my old pictures just now, and decided to post this art project from last year that I did with my kids, and I never posted. 

Nature painting: a super simple and fun painting project I did with my kids a year ago. 
I just had the kids bring in a couple pine cones, leaves, and pine needles. This was easy cause they were always trying to bring these things inside anyways. Then I Put the pine cones in red paint, the oak leaves in green, and the pine needles in blue and they took turns painting paper with each unique medium [I also wrote each item in coordinating marker color so you could see which item made which texture]. Like I said so simple, and it was such a good sensory/exploratory activity for them. 

I love the way that looks!




Oh ya, forgot to mention, make sure the pine cone isn't fresh and sharp! This was in summer and there were bunches of old frayed pine cones that did not have any prickles on them.

Until next time!

p.s. Check out my Linky Party page to see where I link up this kid friendly craft. 

1 comment: